Brief overview of role
The OGA is looking for an experienced Stakeholder Engagement Manager with a successful track record.
This is a new and crucial role which will grow the OGA’s stakeholder and external affairs activity in order to support the successful delivery of the OGA's priorities. The post holder will be responsible for owning and managing our stakeholder mapping and engagement programme.
There will be a considerable focus on proactively increasing the organisation’s profile across external affairs; building trust and deepening relationships with: government officials; advisors; MPs; MSPs; think tanks; NGOs; academia; senior industry leaders; and other key influencers. The post holder will also be responsible for forward planning the OGA’s busy calendar of events and speaking opportunities, identifying those with the best impact, co-ordinating speakers and briefings.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
We’re looking for someone with high energy, confidence and enthusiasm; a great networker who gets things done. The post holder will be a natural project manager and an inspiring leader.
The Stakeholder Engagement Manager would be expected to already be well-connected, with an inside-out knowledge of government, drawing on new and already established links to proactively seek out new opportunities to maximise the positive impact of the OGA’s work. Working with industry and across government, the Stakeholder Engagement Manager will help protect and enhance the OGA’s reputation, ensuring our stakeholders are engaged and understand our work.
The successful candidate would be expected to have substantial experience from a background which could include politics, public affairs or external affairs. The post holder should be focused, highly motivated and have outstanding written and influencing skills. The Stakeholder Engagement Manager will line manage three direct reports and will report to the Head of Communications and External Affairs.
- Responsibility for the planning and delivery of cross-industry task forces, including the North Sea Transition Steering Group, ensure the profile of this work is raised and communicated effectively.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive stakeholder mapping and engagement programme.
- Deepen our relationships across government, ministers, officials, policy makers, elected members and other key influencers.
- Own and manage OGA presence at events. Proactively identify and secure speaking opportunities and work with speakers to prepare materials.
- Responsibility for briefing senior leaders within the OGA and within govt on specific issues.
- Take part in an out-of-hours on call rota
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
- Substantial experience of working in similar roles, perhaps from the world of politics, public affairs, external affairs or other stakeholder engagement roles
- Inside-out working knowledge of government (preferably both UK and Scottish governments) and a comprehensive grasp of the political landscape
- Superb project planning skills and a track record of delivering effective stakeholder communications campaigns
- Experience of developing and managing outreach and tracking tools
- Strong networking skills and the ability to seek out and build constructive working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organisation
- Outstanding written, editing and presentation skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, plan and prioritise workload
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience of working in the energy industry