This is an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Manager to join a communications function with a clear ambition to make social and digital channels a core part of the way my client communicate.
As the world’s largest bottling partner to a leading FMCG brand, my client interacts with a diverse and active set of audiences and stakeholders. They’re fortunate to work on some of the most pressing and topical issues around, from the role of businesses in society, to reducing carbon and supporting communities and economies.
Effective social media is a vital part of their commitment to engaging with these stakeholders and leading on these issues. This role is responsible for the planning, creation and regular posting of content, working on the Sustainability and Workplace topics.
This role will have the opportunity to shape, build and execute global campaigns as part of the central communications team that develops, coordinates and executes corporate communications across 26 markets worldwide.
The Social Media Manager role exists to build and develop relationships with key communities and audiences for my clients’ business using the company’s own digital platforms, including the company’s website and social platforms externally (currently Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook) and on internal channels that reach over 33,000 employees across the globe.
It is an opportunity to showcase a keen understanding of social media platforms and how best to build and interest audiences by ensuring that content is relevant and engaging for the communities it manages online. The role will also use that content as a starting point for a conversation.
It will ensure that communications with these audiences becomes a two-way dialogue and will be responsible for responding in an agile manner to messages and questions posted on social media in response to the company’s communications, as well as identifying proactive opportunities to engage in relevant social dialogue to build connections and reach. It will monitor a range of social feeds of partner organisations, competitors and thought leaders on key issues to identify shared agendas and to create dialogue with those organisations where possible.
The role will also play a key role in developing understanding of key audiences on those platforms and in doing so, help to shape the success of future content. It will work with the Data and Insights working group within the campaigns team to build that audience understanding and to ensure that paid support for social channels is correctly targeted at key influencers within their digital communities.
The role will work alongside the wider campaigns team and the specialist digital platforms role to ensure that communications issued on their owned channels are relevant and engaging, and that their impact and outcomes are measured against communications targets. This role will also be an advocate for adopting a social first approach to campaigns.
- Works with Sustainability and Workplace campaigns team to build creative and engaging communications content that support business objectives, for use across digital channels, in close collaboration with the Social Media Manager responsible for my clients Growth and Performance communications.
- Develops target lists of influencers in key areas and ensures content delivered is relevant so that those influencers are correctly targeted to build communities of interest for the business.
- Advises on paid social targeting for owned social media channels to ensure influencers within key communities are targeted and reached.
- Monitors digital and social media daily, identifies relevant and shareable content from key partners, manages response to comments and questions and identifies opportunities to open conversations with key influencers.
- Ability to measure, analyse and evaluate content performance on social media platforms, to continually enhance communications.
University degree in communications, journalism, public relations, business or related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in communications, journalism or public relations; experience with multi-national organisations preferred
- Experience in social media community management
- Experience of using a social media management tool (e.g Sprinklr, Khoros)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to develop clear and compelling communications
- Ability to develop content both visual and written
- Must have a strong interest in sustainability
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Strong English language skills; additional European languages an advantage
- Collaborative approach and mind-set
- Strong inter-personal communication
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Solution oriented
- Creative thinker
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative
- Analytical in your approach