Ignite your commercial career as an Account Manager
Are you a natural at managing commercial relationships and eager to build revenue growth?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Account Manager to join our Performance Marketing World commercial team.
Reporting into the Sales Director, you will also work with the Content Labs team, Business Director Global, Advertising Operations, and Conferences, Forums & Awards teams, to generate and maximise revenue from your allocated client base.
A key part of the role involved identifying key trends and growth opportunities and helping to build Performance Marketing World’s commercial strategy and offering. You will spend a significant amount of time focusing on new business for the brand.
Who are we?
Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities both within the team and across other divisions at Haymarket. Your next steps may include more senior roles such as Senior Account Manager, Account Director, Sales Manager and Business Development Manager.
Our working culture
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and they influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the dynamism, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with independence and integrity: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
As Account Manager for Performance Marketing World, you are responsible for maximising revenue across advertising, conferences, awards, creative solutions and lead generation. Reporting to the Sales Director, your primary role is to generate and maximise revenue from your allocated client base, across all of these budget lines.
As an expert in the sectors you cover, you identify key trends and growth opportunities, helping to build Performance Marketing World’s commercial strategy and offering. You will spend a significant amount of time focusing on new business for the brand.
Core to this role is the need to achieve and exceed quarterly commercial revenue targets (both personal and team) and your performance will be measured against these.
1. Commercial Strategy
- Generate revenue for Performance Marketing World’s portfolio which includes conferences, awards, advertising and creative solutions.
- Assess the commercial potential of new projects and make recommendations and changes when needed.
- Lead on allocated projects which will include organising sales collateral (media packs, presentation decks), commercial opportunities, and collaborating with other teams.
2. Account management & business development
- Personal business generation through excellent client relationships and strong business acumen.
- Manage your own client base to create new business and grow existing accounts, securing revenue for Performance Marketing World across all budget lines
- Exceed revenue growth targets for your client base
- Look after clients that do not fall in your direct client split from time to time during periods of team annual leave etc
- Ensure all commercial agreements are contracted with the correct terms & conditions and that all deliverables are communicated at the point of sale with the delivery team (such as conferences or content labs)
- Client calls, emails, proposals and meetings are logged (in real time) on Salesforce
- All proposals and contracts are attached to the relevant client accounts
- All prospects are logged accurately in stage 1, 2 or 3 to maintain a dynamic and accurate pipeline which can be used for forecasting purposes
- All Opportunities are accurate and have not passed their closing date or become obsolete
- Your name is attached as the Performance Marketing World Account Brand Owner to active clients within your split
- Clients within your split are correctly tagged as A, B, C or D
- All A and B clients are contacted regularly (a minimum of 3 times/year)
- Accounts that have become obsolete due to mergers/liquidation etc are untagged with your name and ABC status
- Account mergers are requested to the Salesforce team for any duplicate client accounts within your sector split
- Work within pre-agreed Haymarket business hours
- Attend relevant Haymarket training courses where possible
- Attend and team and project meetings on a weekly basis
- Keep an open work calendar which shows when you have availability, meetings and annual leave
- Book all annual leave through Business World
- Deal with Query Memos within 48 hours
Keys skills areas
- Proven ability to manage commercial relationships and build revenue growth
- Ability to collaborate with and and support roles of Sales Director and Business Director
- High level ability to sell complex partnership concepts across a wide portfolio
- Proven strong new business development
- Experience selling across multiple regions (US and Europe is a plus)
- Confident selling high revenue packages to C-Suite level.
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Open to working across multiple time-zones where needed.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Uncapped commission
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!