£39,748 per annum
Closing Date: 19th September 2021
Interview Date: 27th & 28th September 2021
The UKRI Communications team are seeking a Senior Communications Manager to contribute to the delivery of a range of proactive communications in the UK and around the world including voice, brand and engagement.
This role works in the International Communications team to build understanding of, and engagement and trust in, UK Research and Innovation; its global activities and interests externally and with all employees. It works across UKRI's entire international portfolio including overseas development, commercial collaborations and partnerships with universities and institutions in the UK and around the world. It also works, on occasion, with other teams in Communications and Public Engagement to deliver high profile, cross-UKRI work.
You will have:
- The ability to use a range of international communication channels including print, audio visual and digital to effectively target a range of audiences, some speaking English as a second or third language
- Good understanding of public policy and UK and international public debate on international development budgets
- Credibility with relevant communities, usually based on experience from government, industry, education or the third sector
- The ability to work collaboratively across teams, councils and communities
- Demonstrable emotional intelligence and tolerance of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Resilience, multi-tasking and ability to work to deadlines
- The ability to absorb, evaluate and communicate complex information appropriate to the audience
- The ability to influence, persuade and negotiate
- Be a strategic thinker
- Flexibility to adapt to change.
UK Research and Innovation recognises and values employees as individuals and provides a rewards and benefit package including a flexible working scheme, an excellent Defined Benefit pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance, plus 10.5 public and privilege days and a number of other benefits.
How to apply
To see more details and to apply please visit our job board. Applicants are required to provide a CV and Cover Letter providing evidence of how they meet each of the essential criteria.