Are you looking to take the next step in your career? An opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join the Windpower Monthly team as deputy editor. This will be a hands-on role with a broad remit, covering everything from writing, commissioning and editing through to helping the editor to set the strategic direction of the publication and representing Windpower Monthly at both our own and external events.
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
The escalating pace of climate change has made the introduction of renewable energy a worldwide imperative. As the only global media brand dedicated to the wind power industry, Windpower Monthly is at the forefront of a profound energy transition, delivering news, analysis and insight to the people and businesses that are reshaping our world. Set up in 1985, the brand spans online, print, specialist intelligence, events and social media.
- Write news for the Windpower Monthly website and daily bulletins
- Commission and edit copy from our global bank of freelance news contributors
- Monitor analytics data to ensure editorial content is reaching and engaging its audience
- Generate ideas for digital reports and quarterly print issues. Commission, edit, proofread and, where appropriate, write features for these publications
- Attend industry events. This will involve some overseas travel, including to Europe and the US
- Develop an understanding of the Windpower Intelligence wind farm database, with a view to utilising and promoting the resource and, on occasion, contributing to it
- Assist the editor in setting the strategic direction of Windpower Monthly and the effective operation of the editorial team
- Be a ‘hands-on’ representative of the editor, making decisions in her absence
- Develop strong relationships with key editorial, account management and advertising personnel
- Assist the editor in hosting panel discussions, webinars, roundtables, podcasts and other live events
Personal skills and experience
- Previous experience working for an established media brand
- Excellent writing, commissioning, editing and proofreading skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Adaptability and a willingness to take on different tasks
- An enquiring mind and an ability to immerse yourself in a technical subject
- Financial awareness
- An ability to develop a rapport with the Windpower Monthly team and external contacts
- Willingness to collaborate with commercial, marketing and communications colleagues
- Ability to take responsibility in the absence of the editor
- Understanding of the renewables or wider energy market and experience in hosting webinars, podcasts and other live events would be an advantage. Training and support can be provided where this is not the case
Who are we?
Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our working culture
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and they influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the dynamism, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with independence and integrity: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!