We are an 18-strong multi-national, growing global communications consultancy who has been virtual for 12 years. Our values of creativity, integrity, speed, high standards, collaboration and transparency sit at the heart of everything we do. We have a passion for exceptional, long-term relationships – with clients and with our team - and we’re looking for someone who shares our values.
Even though we are virtual, we have a social meet-up as a full team once a quarter. We’ve done cocktail masterclasses, cooking schools and ten-pin bowling, or sometimes it’s just good food and fun. Outside of those get-togethers, we encourage smaller team meet-ups and we all spend a lot of time talking to each other on Teams - so there is a strong sense of camaraderie and culture at Indaba.
About the role
We are looking for a remarkable, talented and dynamic established account manager to join the team to work across global and European clients who are leading players in growing sectors – mobility, automotive, fibre optic sensing / renewable energy. The role entails B2B, corporate with some B2C and internal comms as well.
The right candidate will also be comfortable managing an experienced team, taking direction from clients and translating that into clear actions, and keeping programmes on time and on budget.
While we expect you to take ownership of everything you do, we want someone who is keen to continue learning and who is willing to take on feedback in order to grow professionally.
- Proven experience – minimum three years agency experience
- Juggling actions and deadlines without breaking a sweat
- Effectively organising your time and activities to meet a fast-paced environment
- Thought leadership creation
- Pitching to the press
- Securing cross-platform coverage
- Building relationships with clients and press
- Agile and flexible in your approach
- Writing compelling award submissions
- Travel to meetings in the UK, and when appropriate, occasional travel to Belgium and Germany (not til 2022 at the earliest)
- Creating, managing press lists created in ResponseSource
- Creating media hooks for stories and adapt to different outlets
- Monitoring the news agenda for trend and newsjacking
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering email via 'Apply Now'. As ever, we will be picky with this hire, so give us your best pitch. If you don’t from us within four weeks of applying then, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.
For more information about Indaba, visit our website www.weareindaba.com