A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a creative powerhouse. The Internal Communications & Events Manager sits at the heart of the business and is critical to helping build their employer brand and communicate what they stand for.
You will be working directly with the CEO and HR Director, both of which are heavily involved with the Internal Communications.
- A natural passion for writing, with a warm, informal, and engaging style
- Recent experience of experience of managing large scale events both virtual and physical c1000 people and experience of managing large budgets c250k
- Experience of working in a highly creative environment
- Must be highly organised
- Experienced and passionate about creating an impactful, meaningful culture
• Internal communications: Drafting, producing and distributing regular staff newsletters and updating our company intranet. These are all vital tools to help us amplify our strategy and business priorities to our staff, while celebrating their achievements and building our employer brand internally.
• Annual Event: Working with an external production agency to organise our annual all-staff conference, where we share our company results and hear directly from senior colleagues and the biggest authors we’re publishing in the year to come. In the three months running up to the event, this is likely to take up to 70% of your time.
• Group events: Managing and delivering a calendar of all-staff events, including quarterly town hall meetings, company workshops on key announcements and peer-to-peer masterclasses, as well as working with our publishing divisions to amplify some author events to staff.
• Book fairs: Overseeing staff presence at the Frankfurt, London, Bologna and Beijing book fairs, working closely with our book stand contractor and publishing divisions to create the stands, manage passes, travel and entertainment, and facilitate on-site meetings.
• You’re a highly organised person, with the ability to prioritise and manage changing deadlines
• You’re a natural problem solver and calm under pressure
• You enjoy getting to know people and have some experience of building networks and stakeholder management in federal or matrix businesses
• You’re a good copywriter with a warm, informal and engaging style and the ability to reflect our culture and company personality in everything you produce
• You’ve managed large scale events, both virtual and physical, and have previously worked with production agencies
• You’re proficient with technology, with the ability to use tools such as Zoom and Teams Live
Get in touch with EDWINA GOLDMAN – [email protected]