Move Electric - the soon-to-launch brand from Haymarket dedicated to every aspect of e-mobility, from electric cars and motorbikes to e-scooters, e-bikes and more - is seeking an EV-evangelist and enthusiastic and inspired editor to lead its launch
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Turn a passion for the subject into an obsession for crafting and refining Move Electric’s personality as it establishes itself in a new, creative space - and do all this with a laser focus on meeting all targets for the brand.
- Be as adept at creating brilliantly engaging social and video as you are writing or presenting and commissioning for the website. This is a lean launch that needs to build a new, loyal audience quickly, maximising every opportunity to do so.
- The launch team is you plus a staff writer, plus freelancers. You’ll need to be ready to graft as well as be creative, writing news, reviews, features and more from across the spectrum of electric cars, motorbikes, scooters, bikes and more.
- There’s also a modest freelance budget. You’ll need to identify the best writers and presenters, establish great relationships that make them want this to work as much as we do, and remain flexible to ensure you adapt to your audience’s tastes.
- That, of course, means being confident in your assessment of the analytics, from SEO to Google Analytics, YouTube analytics and social measuring tools. As a new brand, you’ll need to move fast to meet your audience’s needs - and have a keen understanding of how to get the best from a story on all channels.
- You’ll front Move Electric, from the office or at live events (when they are allowed again), and always be motivated by returning from any occasion with the best story and contacts, rather than by having the best time while you are out there (although it’s okay to enjoy yourself too)
- You’ll have targets, in terms of output and audience reach, and you’ll need to have a rigorously planned approach to ensuring they are met. In particular you’ll be responsible for planning Move Electric’s specialist news, review and video output, always with an eye to being first, expert and on-brand.
- You should have a great contacts book - and be looking to develop the best in the business. As a writer or presenter you should be as capable of delivering a catchy ‘Best Buy’ rundown as you are explaining the future of home electricity generation and management.
- However good you are, you can’t be a lone wolf. Move Electric’s success will hinge on building audiences on Autocar and What Car? too. Move Electric’s standards must meet their own award-winning requirements.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 11-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.