- Dubai / Bahrain
- USD 45 000 – USD 84 000 per annum
A unique opportunity to join a leading government advisory consultancy. As a junior communications professional with experience in delivering high-quality research and analysis, you will play an important role on account teams providing communications strategy, advice, and support to government clients across the MENA region.
- Support the account lead and account manager in the development and delivery of integrated communications strategies and plans for government ministries, departments, and entities.
- Produce research and briefing notes to a high standard.
- Media management including pitching stories successfully to journalists and responding to media requests.
- Draft messaging, talking points, press releases, and written digital content.
- Monitor print, broadcast, and social media for clients, identifying articles and content of interest, producing monitoring reports, and alerting the team to potential issues.
- Collect, analyse and present data to inform communications strategy and advice.
- Support in the development of briefing materials and research relating to new business pitches.
Essential skills and attributes
Research and writing skills – the ability to produce consistently high quality, through research and written content.
Analytical skills – the ability to digest information quickly, organise thoughts, and judge significance.
Media relations – ability to build effective relationships with the media as oart of campaigns
Digital media – effective use of digital media, including social listening tools.
Microsoft Office – proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Problem Solving- an ability to understand the challenges and work to find solutions, either independently or within the team
Basic ability to research and develop policy ideas
Curiosity- an innate sense of wanting to understand dynamics, culture, and the world
Resilience – the ability to cope with high pressure and change.
Confidence- has the confidence that instills sureness for the client. Is influential and gains buy-in.
Growth-oriented- takes their development seriously, and doesn’t mind teaching others
Competitive- hates to lose but understands humility
Impact led- a desire to make a positive impact on the world
- At least two years of experience in communications.
- Ideal backgrounds include government, public sector, communications agency, charity, and think tanks.
- Strong interest in Middle East Africa and/or global politics and economy is a requirement.
Why work here
- Work for a purpose-driven organisation seeking to improve the positive performance and impact of governments.
- Be part of and contribute to some of the most interesting and challenging government reform programs in the world.
- Be part of a high-performance culture defined by the pursuit of excellence, collaboration, collegiality, and a focus on professional development.
- Contribute to the development of the business.
- Progress with a clear and achievable path to promotion.
- Tax-free living and the allure of living in the Middle East