Department: Publishing Marketing
Reporting to: Senior PR Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone looking to step up into the role of PR Manager within Guinness World Records’ fast paced UK & EMEA APAC PR team. If you are looking to progress in your PR journey and are a confident, team-player with creative ideas then this is the role for you.
To plan and execute strategic PR campaigns for GWR publishing titles as well as general GWR brand awareness to encompass high profile media partnerships as directed.
Responsibilities include planning, brainstorming, PR project management, media relations, writing press materials, identifying media opportunities, selling-in and relationship building both internally and externally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and produce UK PR campaigns for year-round publishing and brand campaigns using in-depth knowledge of GWR audiences and insights made available by the marketing team, plan and execute elements within wider GWR brand and publishing campaigns as directed by Senior PR Manager.
- Take ownership in identifying new opportunities by way of implementing and executing brand building activity with media partners, influencers and suitable events that match GWR’s brand and publishing strategy.
- Work collaboratively with external and internal stakeholders to produce PR adjudications and other PR content designed to generate positive publicity and brand awareness.
- Prepare and write press materials, adhere to brand guidelines, devise call sheets, brief staff members and take the lead on relevant initiatives.
- Make best use of assets provided by the editorial team as well as commission and proactively create new assets.
- Day to day management of EMEA APAC book licensee PR teams during key selling period in close liaison with Head of International Sales and Marketing Manager. Ensuring PR plans of licensees are delivering against agreed objectives.
- Present plans and results to wider Publishing team, GWR leadership and GWR London HQ.
- Identify and execute brand building activity with media partners, influencers and suitable events that in alignment with the Global Brand Strategy.
- Assist the PR team and help deliver departmental objectives throughout the year on internal projects as well as consumer facing campaign touch points
- Ensure EMEA APAC Press Office function is responsive, accurate and proactive as well as reactive, via the management of the PR Executive.
Other knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience in kids’ and family
- Publishing, entertainment and / or media background is preferable
- Must have track record of proactively and autonomously planning and executing measurable PR campaigns
- Ability to successfully project manage from inception to completion across multiple projects including events
- Reliable, confident and enthusiastic with the ability to communicate well externally as well as with internal stakeholders
- Outgoing and collaborative team player
- Ability to work cross functionally across the PR department, managing different deadlines
- Computer literate – proficiency with Excel/PowerPoint/Word
Guinness World Records is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.