NEW Media Relations Executive position
with leading international membership organisation and charitable body.
Do you want to be part of a fast-paced and dynamic communications team? Our client is looking for a talented PR professional to help raise the profile of the organisation, its members and its work.
If you’re looking for your next challenge and the opportunity to take on more responsibility, please get in touch. You will be a team-player, who enjoys getting stuck into new projects and remains calm under pressure while proactively delivering quality media coverage.
Salary: £30,000 + benefits
You will help deliver engaging, proactive communications campaigns that challenges people to think differently. Each day is different - from developing and delivering media strategies for a new report, to briefing senior staff and members ahead of interviews, to building and maintaining contacts with key national and trade journalists. Reporting to the Media Relations Manager, you will be part of an inclusive and multi-skilled team that provides communications support across the entire organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the organisation's digital content supports and reflects the business strategy for each business area.
- Develop and deliver proactive and reactive media relations campaigns.
- Manage and respond to incoming media enquiries, ensuring journalists receive information in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key national and trade media so that the organisation continues to be the go-to organisation for experts.
- Prepare fresh, engaging and targeted media material (Inc. press releases, media plans and briefing material for spokespeople).
- Research and monitor the news agenda, looking for opportunities to communicate the organisation’s key messages.
- Monitor press coverage and help prepare monthly reports.
- Provide regular media handling advice to senior managers and members.
- Work with the PR Manager and Director of Communications to protect and enhance the reputation as part of crisis communications.
- Work effectively with colleagues in the Communications Team so that media plans are joined up with digital, internal and strategic communications plan.
If you have the required skills/experience and are keen to find out more, please send your CV across and we can set up a call.