Our client is a not-for-profit organisation that fights the causes and impact of poverty across the UK. They have built a network of small grassroots charitable organisations which enable them to learn from those who understand the true nature of poverty and work to help people reach their potential.
They are looking for a Communications Manager to join their team on a full-time basis and create impactful content for their internal and external audiences.
- Competitive salary DOE
- 25 days’ holiday per annum (plus Bank Holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New Year)
- Pension plan with employer contribution of 3%
- Flexible working conditions
- Tenancy deposit and season ticket loan scheme
- Excellent team culture
This is a brilliant opportunity for a talented communications professional with a journalistic background to join our client’s organisation and grow awareness of their work through insightful, well-researched and impactful content.
With your flair for the written word and expertise with media channels, you’ll bring their important work to the attention of even more people, raising their profile and championing their cause.
So, if you are keen to join an organisation with a social conscience and help tackle the root causes of poverty, our client wants to hear from you.
As our client’s Communications Manager, you’ll lead the way in shaping and delivering their communication activities, creating informed and impactful content for their internal and external audiences.
Using your journalistic expertise, you’ll identify, create and deliver a variety of engaging and insightful material for a broad range of channels including podcasts, blogs and films.
With the aim of broadening our client’s outreach and increasing their impact, you’ll work closely with their policy and events units and charities, seeking out and creating news and PR opportunities.
You’ll also take the helm of their social media channels, overseeing the day-to-day management of their website, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn activities, engaging with their audiences and raising their profile.
To join our client as their Communications Manager, you will need:
- Proven journalistic experience as a news and feature writer
- Experience in identifying, creating, editing and uploading content for social media as well as producing podcasts, films and other engagement materials
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- To be tech-savvy and familiar with running Twitter, updating websites and other digital outlets
- An interest in current affairs, politics and the social justice agenda
- To be confident about working with senior political, business and cultural leaders
- To be well organised and discrete with a high degree of personal integrity
Other organisations may call this role Communication and Engagement Manager, Communications and Engagement Lead, Communications and Public Relations Manager, Communications Lead, or Media and Communications Manager.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Communications Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.