An ambitious energy tech scale-up playing a critical role in the clean energy transition is looking for a talented Social Media Manager to join their team. This is the opportunity to join a fast moving, high growth environment where you can really make an impact and develop your career.
In this newly created role, you will bring your enthusiasm and expert understanding of social media platforms, to grow and engage the company's audiences across its social channels. You’ll be responsible for developing a creative and disruptive social media strategy that drives brand and business goals. You’ll also manage the company and CEO social media channels in line with tone of voice and brand personality.
You have a strategic mindset, excellent technical, planning and organisational skills. You’re a curious, analytical, and innovative thinker who stays current on industry trends and can turn data into an actionable plan. Additionally, you have strong working knowledge of Web technology, up-to-date SEO techniques and online marketing.
- Translate company objectives into social media and community management strategies, defining what success looks like for each platform
- Manage social media campaigns from content production to execution and performance measurement
- Be the subject matter expert within Communications, taking responsibility for performance commentary and weekly reporting
- Develop and execute SEO and paid advertising strategies that drive relevant and high-quality traffic to the company site
- Develop digital plans based around keyword analysis, search demand and landing page opportunities
- Create engaging and creative social media posts/content for key media channels
- Track and monitor social media influence from campaigns, promotions, and hashtags to identify trends and opportunities
- Benchmark performance against competitors and conduct audience research
- Ensure best practices are followed on reporting and measurements to drive impact
- Schedule clear, concise, and creative content across all social media channels to support key business objectives
- Manage presence on core social media channels including, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.
- Monitor trends in digital marketing and social media, making recommendations as necessary
- Manage budgets and tools effectively
- Ensure strategy is aligned with business priorities and objectives
- Knowledge of SEO, social media algorithms and basic HTML
- Experience with the standard suite of SEO tools (such as SEM Rush, Google Search Console, Screaming Frog etc.)
- Experience conducting link building outreach
- Ability to audit websites, analyse data and formulate strategies
- Highly organised and able to prioritise multiple and competing demands in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven analytical skills, including the ability to interpret data and prepare actionable reports
- Stellar written communication skills
- Experience working within a scale-up company, preferably within the energy, tech or financial services industry
- Familiarity with Discord, Reddit, Twitch and equivalent
- Understanding of contemporary ‘memes’, and their intended audience
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.