Portland is a prestigious communications and public affairs consultancy specialising in PR and corporate communications. With offices in London, Berlin, Paris, Brussels, Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, we are a truly global communications agency.
At Portland, we work with major global and UK clients, and some of the most exciting, purpose-led corporations and philanthropic organisations, across a range of sectors including health, government advisory, digital and crisis comms.
As our accounts continue to grow, we are looking to bolster our exceptional team. We’re hiring a Associate Consultant (Senior Account Executive) to join our Global Impact network.
As an Associate Consultant you will take guidance from our Consultants and above and have the support of our interns and executives.
The Associate Consultant will be required to carry the following key tasks within the Sustainability and International Development teams:
- Researching and sourcing information and shaping reports that have value for our clients
- Tracking issues in the media on development, global health and sustainability issues, and making proactive media recommendations
- Sourcing and preparing detailed draft media analysis reports for approval by relevant Consultants; Preparing activity reports for clients; Helping build integrated communications plans for our clients
- Supporting the team in developing messaging for our clients; Supporting the team in the definition of our strategic approach; Drafting press releases, opinion articles, website copy, background material etc.
- Preparing journalist biographies and briefing notes for clients
- Supporting the team with client relationship management; Helping coordinate and deliver media and social media engagement
- The role will also include: digital research, social media analysis, content planning, online influencer mapping and creative input.
- A Degree (with a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent). This is likely to be in a research-oriented social science, international affairs or arts, e.g. politics, history, economics and English.
- Knowledge of French would be beneficial.
- Experience of international development, global health or sustainability, working with the United Nations, foundations, think tank or governments
- Strong background in policy, communications, media relations and digital campaigning Previous campaigning experience in emerging markets, including in Africa, would be beneficial
- Demonstrable expertise in developing creative and insight-led communication campaigns Quick understanding and management of complex issues in the international development and sustainability space Initial industry experience, ideally at a leading communications consultancy or in a senior in-house role
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities with a strong point of view on the industry
We are committed to employee development and you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business.
We regularly reward and promote success, encouraging staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression. Personal development and well-being are a key focus; there's regular training, lunch & learn sessions along with well-being workshops and activities.
Our remuneration package includes our competitive pension, private healthcare, life assurance cover and company contribution to gym membership. In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading annual profit share bonus.
At Portland we take a flexible approach to work and encourage our colleagues to do the same. All of our roles are open to flexible working requests and we will consider all options during our recruitment process. This includes but is not limited to: hybrid working, flexible hours, compressed hours and job sharing.
After work we have company parties, social get-togethers and sporting events.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. The length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks.
Do let us know if you need any adjustments made during the interview process