We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Communications Manager to join our Communications Team to create and maximise PR and engagement opportunities across the club working closely with media, fan media influencers and other key stakeholders.
Managing a team of Communications professionals, you will drive and deliver the communications strategy and be responsible for developing and implementing the PR and stakeholder engagement plans for all significant club-wide activities including, commercial, community and operational areas.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of PR and communications strategies to support the club`s business objectives and seasonal priorities
- Foster relations and engage with the relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure all PR opportunities are maximised and the overall activities dovetail into the wider club PR planner.
- Develop and implement communications plans for the club`s commercial activities, match day operational activities, pre-season tours, international activities in key markets and community activities, including Liverpool FC Foundation, Red Neighbours and Equality, Diversity & inclusion agenda.
- Deliver strategic PR support and campaigns for Liverpool FC Women, including its commercial development and continued growth of the women`s section
- Develop and execute communications strategies for the club`s major capital projects, including the Anfield Road Stand expansion
- Develop effective stakeholder management plans and create compelling and engaging content to keep informed the club`s key external stakeholders
- Create and manage relationships with the club`s key external influencers, including celebrity fans and social media influencers to engage and maximise PR opportunities
- Identify and deliver opportunities to maximise on the club`s assets such as men`s and women`s player appearances to increase PR value
- Continue to identify opportunities to develop the club`s communications and stakeholder engagement `ways of working` and use the most innovative tools at the forefront of PR delivery
- Provide consistent and effective evaluation reporting of PR campaigns and activities
- Identify and create opportunities for continued development of the communications team of professionals
Who are we looking for?
We`re seeking an experienced communications professional with a track record in communications management, design and delivery of a successful PR strategies, utilising the most innovative tools and techniques at the forefront of PR delivery.
You will have strong team management experience, an influential voice and the ability to create and maintain credibility with senior internal and external stakeholders. Excellent writing and presentation skills are imperative for this role.
You will have demonstrable experience of creating and delivering effective PR campaigns that are creative and strategic, along with the ability to work with the media to ensure all PR opportunities are maximised. Experience in the sports industry and working with high profiled individuals is desirable.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday. Your main base will be our Head Office in Liverpool City Centre which is close to local bars, shops and restaurants and has great views over the river Mersey.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
We aspire to be the most inclusive club in world football - providing fair and appropriate opportunities to as many people from different backgrounds as possible, being welcoming and meeting their needs as best we can. We are committed to hiring great people representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, not just because it`s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our Club stronger. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.