GCB5 - Media Relations Manager – CMB 12 month FTC / Secondment, HSBC UK
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The UK is a highly complex, regulated and consumerist banking market requiring considerable flexibility and experience to operate successfully within.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are looking for a Birmingham based Media Relations Manager, HSBC UK who will be reporting to the Head of Media Relations, HSBC UK and be responsible for driving effective proactive and reactive media relations for HSBC UK. The Media Relations Manager should create a profile for HSBC UK that attracts customers and employees, drives business growth and promotes an equal and diverse workplace. This includes managing external communications and handling reputational media issues.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to the development of a cohesive media relations strategy for CMB, HSBC UK, delivering strong positioning for the business that attracts customers from our target segments and reinforces our relationship with existing customers;
- Develop and deploy effective positioning for proactive media campaigns and strategic announcements;
- Actively engage with functional and business peers to build and safeguard the reputation of HSBC in the UK, including in-depth understanding and risk escalation of business and customer’s trends that could impact the business’ reputation and performance;
- Support HSBC’s Communications social media activity;
- Execute external communications and messaging for key country events.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- You must have experience in either PR / or journalism as an essential criterion;
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to represent HSBC with key national and regional media at senior levels;
- Good leadership skills and experience of managing complex communications teams;
- Strong storytelling skills with proven ability to produce clear, engaging narrative;
- Strong presentation skills with understanding of board level requirements;
- Broad knowledge of communication trends and best practice;
- Broad knowledge of the financial service industry and global marketplace;
- Ability to manage budgets.
The base location for this role is flexible in the UK however, one day per week will be required in Birmingham once restrictions have lifted.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 2078328500