We’re currently looking for a Global PR Officer on a full time, permanent basis. This position sits within the Corporate Communications team, based in our London office.
The Global PR Officer is a busy and varied role, needing someone with excellent written and communication skills, together with proven PR, press office organisational and news planning skills.
The role works with colleagues at HQ and around the world to establish and develop relationships with journalists and the media in the UK and internationally, with the aim of promoting a positive image of ACCA, its policies and activities.
Apply through ACCA’s website here with a CV and covering letter addressed to Chanel Townsend, Media Relations Manager about why you think you are suitable.
Reporting to the Media Relations Manager, on a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Working across the organisation to develop corporate messaging about ACCA’s activities and products to the media.
- Actively seeking opportunities to promote ACCA, by researching and writing news releases, articles, briefings, opinion pieces and PR campaigns
- Selling-in these stories with media contacts, building and maintaining excellent media relations for ACCA.
- Establishing and maintaining a core database of key media and opinion formers, using an on-line database for this purpose.
- Supporting the monitoring of traditional and social media coverage for ACCA to ensure coverage is captured and shared across the organisation in a timely and relevant way.
- To provide ACCA’s global offices with news releases, articles and media stories - print, social and online media, as well as leading on their requests as and when needed.
- To work on social media (on-line PR) projects and work streams with ACCA colleagues, especially in Marketing at HQ and with ACCA’s markets around the world.
- Helping to write high level, engaging and timely speeches for senior staff at ACCA
(Chief Executive, President, Deputy President, Vice President, and other senior staff as relevant).
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has previous successful experience of media relations and PR work, including PR campaigns.
- Is a natural ‘self-starter’, capable of working both on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Possesses good media knowledge with an ability to identify and build new media contacts.
- Has great knowledge of using online and social media to utilise communications objectives.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of policy, current affairs and business issues.
- Has strong influencing and networking skills, with the ability to liaise with people at all levels and from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Has a creative and professional approach to work and able to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and to deadlines.
- Is a confident communicator with strong writing skills and verbal communication skills, with the ability to use clear language to explain often complex issues.
- Can demonstrate the ability to work effectively across a matrix organisation to achieve results
- Is a collaborative team player, showing an awareness and respect of different cultures
ACCA is currently operating a hybrid working environment where employees can work split their time between the office and working from home. Applicants from all over the UK will be considered for role.