Wachsman is a global communications and strategy consultancy focused on advising the next generation of leaders on the frontline of the new economy.
Founded in 2015 as one of the first communications firms to support cryptocurrency and blockchain entrepreneurs seeking to rewrite the infrastructure of the global economy, Wachsman has quickly solidified its position as the number one blockchain communications agency and trusted advisor to some of the world’s most innovative companies. What was a €5 billion industry in mid-2015 has now eclipsed €1 trillion in market capitalisation. In parallel, Wachsman has grown to over 100 employees across three continents, with headquarters in Dublin, New York and Singapore.
Wachsman is right now expanding our international footprint with a new office in London. Our presence in one of the world’s fintech capitals will help us meet increasing client demand and capitalise on a host of exciting growth opportunities.
Our talented PR teams work with start-ups and later stage actors across the blockchain, cryptocurrency, fintech and emerging technology sectors. We provide our clients with a unique blend of advisory services spanning strategic and communications consulting; reputation, issues, and risk management; and public policy and regulation. We enable them to establish and defend their industry position as they drive digital transformation and navigate new challenges and opportunities.
We are looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial and highly skilled strategic communications professional to lead a new account team as Wachsman continues its exciting period of rapid growth. As a key member of the team building our London presence, you’ll be responsible for onboarding new clients, coaching teammates in the Wachsman Way, and establishing our office culture, all while offering exceptional client service. There will be close ties with the Irish team, and you’ll have multiple opportunities to visit our Dublin office to train and collaborate with your colleagues there.
- Overseeing the successful servicing of multiple client accounts in different emerging technology sectors
- Planning and executing highly successful global PR campaigns
- Conducting workshops, media training and status update meetings with senior clients
- Leading issues management and crisis response efforts on behalf of clients
- Leading a small, high-performance team of (approx. 4-5) PR professionals, specifically: allocating resources and managing workloads; and supporting team members’ ongoing professional development.
- Bringing fresh ideas and a positive, entrepreneurial outlook as we continue to improve our services and grow our organisation
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years’ recent PR agency experience conducting media relations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of finance and/or blockchain or an advanced technology not essential but a distinct advantage
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to identify opportunities for clients
- Excellent knowledge of the media landscape
- Ability to communicate clearly and present complex information in a concise and clear form
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in successfully managing crisis communications
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams
- Passion for mentoring and coaching more junior colleagues
- Motivated to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of social, organisational and professional standards in job-related activities
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holidays, excluding UK bank holidays
- Company assigned Apple laptop and iPhone
- Pension SchemeEnhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme plus free bike storage at the office
- Wachsman Workshops – training in blockchain and PR topics
- CPD (continuous professional development) with individual training and further education opportunities
- Opportunity to travel to Dublin for training workshops
- Opportunity to travel within Europe for industry events and in-person client meetings
- Opportunity to learn from and work with our colleagues across the globe in Ireland, the US and Singapore