CommsCo’s mission is to support brands that want to be disruptive through agility, technology or smart thinking. ‘Challenger’ PR is how we describe what we do. We steal media mindshare for scaleup brands, and exploit every significant opportunity to get you on your audience’s radar. We help our clients differentiate from competitors and stand out in crowded markets, or create a category for themselves. With knockout campaigns generating coverage everywhere from Forbes to the BBC, and recognised by B2B Marketing’s Top 20 UK B2B PR Agencies, we are a small UK agency making a big name for ourselves.
About the role:
The primary focus of the role of the Account Manager is to manage a portfolio of clients within the PR and social media team. This will include drafting of content, media liaison, client liaison and identifying opportunities to drive the campaigns forward, as well as engaging across all social media channels. The candidate will have a solid grasp of what makes a good and exciting story and be familiar with drafting a variety of content.
It is expected that this role would evolve with the right candidate, to encompass more key elements of PR account management, client management and new business development.
The successful candidate will have significant experience as well as a clear interest for developing their career in PR. With working with CommsCo, content creation will form a fundamental part of what you do in your daily work; therefore, the ability and awareness to write for different audiences is essential within this field. The Ethos at CommsCo is to employ intelligent, exciting and enthusiastic team players with initiative, passion and drive. This role will be based at the company’s Kew (London) office, most likely 2-3 days per week. The successful candidate will work with the current team to manage a growing client base located in the UK, Europe and the US.
- Campaigns which resonate with our customers’ customers – and the media
- Executive leadership ‘media heroes’ programmes to position your experts as industry leaders
- Influencer programmes including both media and analysts
- Social media strategy to support campaigns and increase lead generation
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is hungry and driven and follows the media agenda
- Naturally wants to find solutions to problems and has a roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Is confident in taking ownership of their own development, and suggesting ideas for improvement
- Is looking for a career not just a job, relishes being challenged and encouraged to think innovatively
- Acts with confidence and integrity
- Has a desire to add value to the business; showing initiative to develop professional skills and be rewarded for their efforts
- Demonstrates outstanding interpersonal skills, an ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a wide range of both colleagues and clients
- Is confident working independently, but strongly values teamwork – we have a strong team culture here and the people who exhibit adaptability and flexibility and who are determined to drive change, tend to thrive the most.
Skills and experience required
- Prior work experience as Senior Account Executive or Account Manager in agency/in house or press office
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Accurate spelling and good grammar
- Able to follow instructions accurately
- Good communication skills (written, presenting, verbal)
- Confident phone manner
- Qualification in a BA/BSc
- Flexible working options and 25 days annual leave (+ a day off for your birthday!)
- Regular team social events, summer and Christmas parties
- A ‘Work from Anywhere’ scheme
- A generous salary with exciting opportunities for career development
- In-house and external training