Corporate Digital & Social Media Manager (9-month maternity cover)
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of 78,000 passionate people, call 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
Sitting within our HR/People Function is our Corporate Affairs team, we have an exciting opportunity for a digital communications expert to join us on a 9-month Fixed Term Contract (maternity cover) fulfilling a meaningful role as we become more proactive in developing and driving digital and social media campaigns which support the strategy of a FTSE 100 organisation (“Powered by Kingfisher”)
Key Responsibilities in the role:
The Corporate Digital and Social Media Manager reports into the Head of Media Relations and is a will lead on building our corporate “owned-media” presence, using the latest digital and social media channels as well as developing the Kingfisher corporate website. The aim is to create and evaluate impactful content that will engage corporate stakeholders (including analysts and investors, employees, business media and suppliers) in powerful conversations that build Kingfisher’s reputation and deliver tangible, measurable business outcomes.
- Lead the development of Kingfisher’s corporate digital and social media strategy. Building on the strong platform already created and help take the function to the next level
- Create compelling content to support the Group’s Powered by Kingfisher strategy using our own channels such as the corporate website and social media channels such as LinkedIn and Twitter. Manage the website and social media agencies and budget to do this.
- Taking a business partnering approach, continue to develop the social media strategy and build a content plan that support Kingfisher’s key strategic themes. To include: e-commerce initiatives, new store formats and our own exclusive product brands, as well as building our employer brand and supporting our well-established and fast-growing Responsible Business agenda. Whilst also continuing to develop and deliver a social media plan for the Group Executive and leadership team, including the CEO.
- Lead and establish an innovative approach to story development and content creation, using digital communication channels (in conjunction with the communications manager). To include the creation of strategic corporate videos.
- Help drive colleague advocacy using social media channels. Working closely with our HR and internal communications teams to do this.
- Overall responsibility for timely, accurate social media and website monitoring and measurement, including relationships with the relevant agencies.
- Manage, maintain, and develop Kingfisher’s corporate website to ensure that it supports our corporate narrative
- Have a long-term view of digital technologies and emerging media platforms, and knowledge of how digital content is created and shared. Bring fresh ideas about how we can adapt our approach to best suit the changing communications landscape.
- Work with the digital and social teams across the business and help continue to build a network for Kingfisher, working across boundaries and geographies to drive an aligned approach.
- Be a trusted advisor to the Communications Leadership Team on digital engagement and wider corporate social media trends.
Skills required to deliver in this role:
Whilst this is a fixed term contract, we are looking for someone to join us who is passionate about driving this function forward and uses their experience and knowledge of strategic comms to continue to drive the strategy! Ideally you will have:
- Extensive experience in a digital corporate communications role for a major international listed company or communications agency with broad interests.
- Consistent track record in creating engaging content that tells stories, including video, with adaptable style, approaches, and messaging for relevant audiences.
- Act as the source of expert digital knowledge and advice, running learning sessions, and seminars to immerse and upskill leaders and the function.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and adaptability, with the ability to move seamlessly across international business cultures.
- Solid judgment and developed intuitions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence
- High level of attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
- Some understanding of financial information & reporting, such as company results, announcements, and an understanding of relevant business language.
- Highly computer-literate and experience in using Adobe CMS system.
What we offer
In return, we offer an inclusive environment, where what you can achieve is limited only by your imagination! We encourage new ideas, actively support experimentation, and strive to build an environment where everyone can be their best self.
We have been working remotely from home and are in the process of starting to connect with our colleagues face-to-face again. We’re adopting a hybrid approach with some office and some home working (on average 2-3 days in the office). Your office location? Well, the external comms team are based in our head office in Paddington, so we’d love you to be with us here!
We also offer a competitive benefits package and plenty of opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, we can’t wait to hear from you.