At Covéa Insurance we understand that a job is more than just a 9-5, it’s a big part of your life and you need to enjoy what you do.
Our employees are at the heart of our organisation and we’re committed in supporting every individual to help them thrive and develop in our open and inclusive environment.
When it comes to the common misconceptions about ‘dull’ insurance companies, we like to think we break the mould. Our newer employees often tell us they're surprised at how the reality of working for us is pleasantly different to the old fashioned idea they had before!
We want our employees to enjoy working here and we do this by encouraging them to get involved and have fun. We look for opportunities to celebrate everyone’s successes, and we encourage our people to look after each other and give their time to support local charities that mean something to them.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Lead the company’s PR delivery, ensuring external content delivery is fully aligned with strategy across paid, earned, shared and owned channels
- Lead and co-ordinate the development of content that highlights company news, thought leadership and innovation by working closely with key stakeholders, designers & copywriters
- Manage and coordinate response to media enquiries and requests
- Provide management and leadership for a small external engagement team
- Analyse and make recommendations as to what industry events we attend, working with key stakeholders to find speakers for appropriate events
- Make recommendations as to what industry and local awards working with stakeholders to create entries for industry awards
- Proactively manage media threats, liaising with business areas to understand the key points and developing a clear response to the journalist
- Lead and ensure the production of regular updates and reporting metrics on company PR performance
- Keep up to date with industry developments and competitor news
- Stay up to date with changes in the social media landscape
- Manage both new and existing relationships with local and trade publications
- Maintain presence in relevant market forums
What would we like to see in you?
- Demonstrable ability to build effective working relationships with journalists
- Ability to anticipate reputational risks and propose appropriate mitigation with suitable justification
- Crisis communications planning
- Copy writing & content development for a range of channels; press releases, social media, award entries and web content in a financially regulated environment
- Proof reading and editing
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Narrative and key message development
- Understanding of social media platforms and landscape
- Ability to manage own workload effectively
- Able to use data to drive action and improvements in delivery
- Able to work professionally, confidentiality and with a high attention to detail even when under pressure
- A positive ‘can do attitude’ is a pre-requisite and the role requires high levels of judgement, decision making and initiative on a daily basis
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects at a time
- Self-motivated, combining personal effectiveness with creative problem solving
- Educated to a minimum A level standard
- Degree level qualification, ideally in Journalism, Public Relations, Media and Communication or Marketing related preferred
What's on offer?
- 36.25 working hours per week with flexitime
- Annual pay review and performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Attractive pension scheme
- 4 times salary Group Life Assurance
- Lots of investment into your physical and mental wellbeing
- Continued professional development through internal training, professional qualifications and apprenticeships
- Health benefits such as free eye tests, flu jabs and the option to opt into private medical insurance
- Additional benefits such as discounted gym memberships, cycle to work schemes and discounts at lots of retailer