An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to undertake the role of Content, Platforms & Insights Manager for Essex Police’s award-winning Media & Communications Team.
This is a challenging role that requires the successful candidate to manage the Content, Platform & Insights Team which is made up of our TV Unit, Graphic Design, Web and Social Media Team. The team are responsible for creating award winning content including everything from collateral to support our major recruitment and behaviour change campaigns, to content to support external communications about high profile and heartbreaking cases to content for our many reward and recognition events for our officers and staff. The team are also responsible for maintaining the high standards on our public-facing website and ensuring consistency and quality across content on our numerous social media accounts; and exploring opportunities to use emerging or new social media channels to continue to publicise the excellent work of Essex Police.
The Contents, Platforms and Insights Manager is responsible for: delivering creative content for use on all owned and influenced platforms; working with colleagues and external partners to tell our story in order to drive sentiment change and drive behavioural change in our audiences; commissioning and maintaining digital and traditional communications platforms by matching these methods of content delivery to our audiences; generating and commissioning creative content for multiple platforms and delivering it to multiple audiences; using the insights from our creative content to drive efficiency and improvement; managing a high-performing team and continuing to support them and their development
You will work directly to the Deputy Head and Head of Corporate Communications and you will work closely in support of our Internal Communications, Press Office and Campaigns, Partnerships and Events teams to ensure your team continue to: ensure insights and analytics inform all that we do and to ensure the creation of content that drives to the very heart of the Essex Police priorities of protecting victims, catching criminals and showing the visibility and credibility of our hard-working police force.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate: a proven track record in commissioning, gathering and producing creative content of all types for all audiences; three to five year’s experience of credible leadership and management; five or more year’s experience in commissioning and administering IT and traditional platforms for the exchange of information and execution of transactions with a large public audience; extensive experience of commissioning and maintaining extranets, intranets and in making them compatible with multiple Social Media channels; experience developing platforms (wireframe and content) which best serve business needs and objectives; and experience in using insights from media and communications activity, to drive effectiveness and objectives.
In your application we will be looking for you to demonstrate:
- 5+ years experience in commissioning and administering IT and traditional platforms for the exchange of information and execution of transactions with a large public audience.
- 5+ years experience in commissioning, gathering and producing content.
- Extensive experience of commissioning and maintaining extranets, intranets and in making them compatible with multiple Social Media channels, have an ability to commission and maintain hardware and software to deliver key objectives. Experience developing platforms (wireframe and content) which best serve business needs and objectives and experience in using insights from media and communications activity, to drive effectiveness and objectives.
- 3 to 5 years of credible leadership
- Track record in in identification and monitoring of team performance metrics including internal and external audit using a combination of qualitative and quantitative assessment tools.
- Experience in creating content for use on all owned and influenced platforms, working with colleagues and external partners to produce content that drives sentiment and behavioural change in our audiences and that supports organisational objectives.
- Working knowledge and experience of: local and national media landscape, particularly with regard to content drivers and audiences; crisis communications; media law; documentary-making.
- Full UK driving licence essential as some travel around the county is required.
Applicants will provide evidence of the following skills/experience: evidence of a degree or an equivalent relevant professional qualification; strong background in content gathering and production; strong background in working with external-facing communications platforms, including websites and social media.
The role will offers some flexibility in terms of place of work. The role is office-based agile and there is a requirement to work 60% at Essex Police Headquarters with the remaining 40% to be worked agilely. Currently the designated contractual workplace for this role is located at Essex Police Headquarters in Chelmsford.
Closing date: 20 January 2022.