Fast growing biotech company is looking for an ambitious Head of Communications to develop their corporate narrative and put in place a communications function. Joining the business at an exciting time where communications is critical to their success the Head of Communications will work with senior leadership team to ensure the corporate narrative and strategy supports its growth plans.
Must have experience working in a highly technical or pharmaceutical organisation on an international scale, able to understand the science and translate that to wider audiences.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Translate the science into strong narrative for potential and existing investors and brief leadership team for investor meetings
- Oversee Annual Report, financial announcements and raise profile with key media – internationally, nationally and specialist trade
- Put in place overall communications and stakeholder communications strategy and plan
- Ensure strong reputation management – advise on potential threats and opportunities
- Develop strong networks internally and externally and be seen as a trusted advisor
The successful candidate will have worked on an international scale, ideally USA focused and able to operate at senior strategic level but equally roll up sleeves and deliver as this is a very small team that has the potential to grow. They will need a strong commercial background and understanding to confidently manage investor requirements, develop messages and ensure business is delivering comms at key points and on track with expectations.