Reporting to the Group Director, Corporate Affairs and ESG, the Senior Global Project Manager, ESG will provide global strategic leadership across our entire suite of ESG-related initiatives. The role involves the management of the overall project and its 9+ workstreams, ensuring the successful short- and long-term delivery of project milestones and KPIs. The work will enable Element to extend its reputation as both as a successful global player in the Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC) sector, and as a leader in broader global business services. Element’s industry leading ESG commitments present significant opportunities to raise its profile and wider industry leadership on broad sustainability and social issues.
We are looking for a strong leader that can bring energy and passion into the disciplined growth of our ESG agenda across the business. Working closely with colleagues throughout the organization, the person will need to be able to represent the project at the Operating Board and with Leadership teams and be able to influence people in all parts of the business. Collaboration with Operations, HR, Digital/Technology and Finance will be critical to create cross functional breakthroughs required across complex initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be excited about the possibilities of the ESG/Positive Impact Plan agenda and be externally connected to best practice across the world. They will show drive and initiative to start new projects where needed, engaging colleagues around the world and championing change throughout the business. They will need to relish the challenge of working in a truly global, fast moving business, and will have demonstrated the ability to develop and implement strategic, cross-functional programs. The role requires strong influencing and relationship building skills, and an understanding of the business and our end-markets.
The role will help lead strategic reviews with the Operating Board and operational task forces across the business, working within the wider Corporate Affairs & ESG team. It will also prepare reports for internal and external use, including with the Element Board, on our website and with media and stakeholders. It is based in the United Kingdom, with regular access required to the London Element office (Covent Garden).
- Lead Element ESG – Positive Impact Plan – across the entire global business
- Ensure that the Group’s brand, story and key messages are consistently and accurately articulated to all external audiences
- Create and manage complex workstreams, with close monitoring where needed
- Develop and integrate monitoring systems for project management across the different initiatives
- Collaborate with Finance and Operations on creating the right reporting, for internal and external needs.
- Prepare summary information for the Ops Board, Board and other regional/functional teams
- Benchmark progress against external companies, ensuring that we are continually learning from others and achieving the ‘best of TIC’
- Work with the Corporate Affairs team to communicate progress through a diverse range of channels and partners to reach relevant audiences, with emphasis on internal engagement, social media and external marketing campaigns
- Lead development of Element’s annual sustainability reporting
- Develop ESG related due diligence to support the M&A teams
- Work closely with regional and business unit operational teams to ensure that initiatives are being driven through the business and progress is being made
- Ensure all required external reporting is carried out to a high standard eg. CDP, Sustainalytics
- Degree or equivalent experience with relevant professional qualifications / memberships for project management
- Several years of program or project management experience, with evidence of strong delivery of complex projects with significant results
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to write for varying and multiple audiences/channels
- Experience and demonstration of ability to work globally with multi-national teams and senior stakeholders
- B2B experience in a technical / industrial / scientific organization or sector is preferred
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 6,500 brilliant minds operating from 200 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to ‘Make tomorrow safer than today’.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Purpose of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.