Reporting to the Group Director, Corporate Affairs and ESG, the Corporate Affairs Manager will support the global internal and external communications of the Element group, promoting our brand and business through storytelling, our intranet and social media.
The role is responsible for implementing and coordinating communications across social media and internal channels, coordinating communications campaigns and partnering with business teams and leaders to help tell powerful, engaging stories. The role works closely with external Marketing and PR agencies, helping to amplify efforts across the Corporate Affairs team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to plan and organize complex projects. They will have an eye for a story, be inquisitive and approachable, and be able to quickly develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders. They must have the ability to work in a fast-moving environment as part of a team, quickly prioritizing and reacting to deadlines. They will also create and champion communications and must be comfortable with creating multi-media executions and working on digital platforms.
The role will work closely with members of the Operating Board, alongside close functional partnerships with HR, Legal, Finance and the Business Units. It will also support the work across the Corporate Affairs team and work with Element colleagues in different ‘volunteer’ networks, both virtually and in-person/on-site. It is based in the United Kingdom, with regular/weekly access required to the London Element office (Covent Garden).
- Research and create content for a range of internal and external communications channels, e.g. intranet stories, emails, town hall meetings videos, newsletters, leadership presentations, press releases, social media content – ensuring creativity and consistent tone of voice
- Use key internal and external platforms to ensure appropriate communications delivered to right audiences at right time
- Support development of communications plans for campaigns and business change programs
- Collaborate with Corporate Affairs team on KPIs and analytics to measure impact and drive improvement of communications
- Support Corporate Affairs team in the effective management of broad ‘One Element’ global programs
- Organise and manage audience groups and distribution lists
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Significant communications experience, ether in-house or agency, preferably in a technical or B2B environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Content creation - ability to write for a range of internal audiences and voices, creative with social media/digital assets
- Project / campaign management / coordination
- Confident and self-starting with proven flexibility, versatility and resilience
- Prior event planning & management
- Microsoft office applications, especially PowerPoint
- Content management systems, including Sharepoint; intranets and internal social networks
- Comfortable working with international colleagues across multiple time zones
- Degree-educated (or equivalent), preferably in communications, marketing, journalism, English or a related discipline
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 6,500 brilliant minds operating from 200 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to ‘Make tomorrow safer than today’.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Purpose of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.