Role Title: Press Officer
Salary and applicable bonus: £47,000 - £55,000 + 10% bonus
Location: Milton Keynes
Build your career with us…
At NHBC we are proud to be unique. No other organisation in our sector combines the variety of services and scale that we offer. As the market leader, our name is synonymous with new home warranty and insurance. Our people are driven by our core purpose to build confidence in the construction quality of new homes.
Why you should join us
We are a modern, lifestyle and family friendly employer who are in a period of rapid growth, investing in technology, data and new ways of working. We need passionate, talented and driven people to join us on this journey.
We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly in different ways, including home, field-based and hybrid working. We don’t promise we can offer you exactly what you want, but we are always happy to talk flexible working.
Core benefits include:
- 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and a holiday purchase scheme
- generous pension contributions up to 10.5%
- semi-subsidised private medical insurance scheme
- equalised maternity, paternity, adoption leave and pay for all new parents
- 24/7 employee assistance programme supporting your physical and mental wellbeing
- 2 days volunteer leave per annum
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for the day-to-day running and operation of the NHBC press office function and taking the lead on media crisis and issues management to minimise damage to NHBC’s reputation.
- Liaise closely with the Head of Marketing and Communications, Corporate Affairs, Internal Communications and Strategic Marketing Managers to inform and advise them on strategy, campaign planning/theming, alignment of messaging etc.
- Co-ordinate and oversee proactive corporate PR campaigns including speaker platforms and amplify integrated marketing campaigns as required.
- Research, investigate and respond appropriately to media enquiries relating to specific ongoing consumer complaints.
- Draft statements on the company position for use with external stakeholders on contentious issues, gaining approval from all interested parties.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with national, consumer and trade journalists to generate mutual understanding and enhanced media coverage, strengthening NHBC reputation through partnership initiatives.
What we are looking for
- Related press office communications experience Strong Agency, Consultancy and/or Client-side experience within a B2B and/or B2B2C market.
- Demonstrable experience of corporate reputation management and communications, issues monitoring/horizon scanning.
- Line management experience.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- You will have excellent corporate communications skills and understanding of complex stakeholder mapping. You will be able to advise confidently across all elements of corporate reputation management.
- A knowledge and interest in issues relating to the new homes industry
- Experience and/or knowledge of the House Building / Construction / Insurance sector
Potential applicants are sometimes put off if they don’t meet 100% of the requirements. We think individual experience, skills and passion make all the difference, so if you meet the majority of the criteria, we’d love to hear from you. If you need any adjustments or additional support with your application, please let us know at [email protected]
Your future with us
We have lots of fantastic examples across our business of people who are building their career with us. We are huge advocates of internal mobility and work hard to retain our best talent. We offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. If you’re ambitious, driven and hard-working you will succeed with us. We’ll support you with full training, ongoing CPD and the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications and professional memberships.
Our inclusive culture
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture that encourages everyone to bring their true selves to work. We fundamentally believe in the rights of all our employees and customers to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect, free from discrimination. We have active employee networks that support our colleagues and their allies, creating safe spaces for open conversations and the sharing of ideas. We are a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Finance Charter.