Role Title: Features Writer
Salary and applicable bonus: £43,000 - £50,000 + 10% bonus
Location: Milton Keynes
Build your career with us…
At NHBC we are proud to be unique. No other organisation in our sector combines the variety of services and scale that we offer. As the market leader, our name is synonymous with new home warranty and insurance. Our people are driven by our core purpose to build confidence in the construction quality of new homes.
Why you should join us
We are a modern, lifestyle and family friendly employer who are in a period of rapid growth, investing in technology, data and new ways of working. We need passionate, talented and driven people to join us on this journey.
We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly in different ways, including home, field-based and hybrid working. We don’t promise we can offer you exactly what you want, but we are always happy to talk flexible working.
Core benefits include:
- 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and a holiday purchase scheme
- Generous pension contributions up to 10.5%
- Private medical insurance
- Equalised maternity, paternity, adoption leave and pay for all new parents
- 24/7 employee assistance programme supporting your physical and mental wellbeing
- Up to two days additional annual leave to undertake volunteering activities
What you’ll be doing
- Leading on the ownership of the conception, writing and implementation of paid for media on behalf of NHBC
- Providing advertorial and articles requested by trade media to comply with partnership and sponsorship agreements
- Using features to drive the market profile of NHBC, contributing to establishing it as a known market presence and provider of exemplary services
- Providing pro-active B2B and B2C PR for the NHBC brand and its suite of products and services
- Developing strong relationships with communications colleagues within the building and insurance industries to maximise opportunities and strengthen NHBC’s reputation through partnership initiatives
- Selling in stories to influential media to promote a positive brand image
- Seeking opportunities to promote the profile of NHBC and its leadership team through drafting features.
- Identifying and pursuing platforms from which to convey copy for NHBC key messaging to external audiences
What we are looking for
- Demonstrable experience in creating excellent copy for publication
- Media handling experience in high profile companies with reputational risk
- Strong, accurate writing skills and confidence to write copy on behalf of CEO, quoting them directly
- Ability to generate, prioritise, proofread and edit copy, with a clear understanding of the tone, approach and content demanded by each publication
- Able to plan out content and opportunities to create a suite of regular articles
Education and Qualifications
- Degree level or equivalent
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations membership is desirable
There is a two-stage hiring process, stage one will be an initial interview to gain insight into your skills, experience and suitability for the role, stage two will be a competency-based interview with a written exercise.
Potential applicants are sometimes put off if they don’t meet 100% of the requirements. We think individual experience, skills and passion make all the difference, so if you meet the majority of the criteria, we’d love to hear from you. If you need any adjustments or additional support with your application, please let us know at [email protected]
Your future with us
We have lots of fantastic examples across our business of people who are building their career with us. We are huge advocates of internal mobility and work hard to retain our best talent. We offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. If you’re ambitious, driven and hard-working you will succeed with us. We’ll support you with full training, ongoing CPD and the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications and professional memberships.
Our inclusive culture
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture that encourages everyone to bring their true selves to work. We fundamentally believe in the rights of all our employees and customers to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect, free from discrimination. We have active employee networks that support our colleagues and their allies, creating safe spaces for open conversations and the sharing of ideas. We are a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Finance Charter.