Officer 2, Communications LIFE Quake
Location: Llandarcy or Crymlyn Visitor Centre (Swansea) with some home working
- Grade & Salary: G5, £31,490 rising to £34,902 over three years
- Post number: 203107
- Type of contract: Fixed Term appointment until 31 December 2026
- Work pattern: Full Time
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
LIFE Quake is an ambitious £5m project funded by the EU LIFE programme, Welsh Government and a number of partners to transform the condition of Transition Mire and Quaking bogs and their associated species, most notably the threatened Marsh Fritillary Butterfly. This rare and much reduced habitat is found in a number of places in Wales, with the project focusing on sites in Pembrokeshire, Mid-Wales, Eifionydd and most notably Crymlyn Bog, near Swansea
You will develop and deliver effective integrated communications in support of the LIFE Quake project. You will lead on organising and shaping NRW’s events programme for the project. You will shape and deliver high-quality and creative content across all channels, as befits your target audience. You will deliver essential Communications services such as media relations, digital, social media, internal Communications, video production, branding and design, Communications planning and evaluation, content creation. You will work with local communities and groups to raise awareness of the importance of the wetlands.
A key part of the role will be to work closely with local communities and groups to raise awareness of the importance of Peatlands. You will organise and where necessary run a programme of walks and talks for the Project. You will encourage more public engagement and involvement at the Project sites, especially at Crymlyn. You will develop and manage volunteer groups, particularly at Crymlyn.
Qualifications and Skills
- Some experience of working in a professional communications team of PR agency (@ account executive level).
- Good level of skill across all Communications disciplines and channels.
- Member of relevant professional body and visible commitment to your own CPD (or be prepared to join).
- Good understanding of NRW's remit, roles, policies and priorities in order to be able to drive effective communications campaigns in support of these.
- Able to make sound judgement calls.
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to represent the LIFE project to a variety of audiences including land managers.
- The ability to drive a car currently and legally in the UK.
Please visit our website to apply