We are looking for an intelligent and enthusiastic Senior Account Executive or experienced Account Executive who is confident joining a fast-paced and hard working legal PR team.
Applicants will have exceptional attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a high degree of accuracy, both written and verbally.
Applicants will also be looking for a career in professional services or corporate PR and have had at least 1 year of experience in this industry. Prior experience or a demonstrable interest in the legal sector is desirable but not essential, although the candidate will be keen to learn about the sector, keeping up to date on key developments, judgments and changes in case law which may impact our clients.
A key element of this role will include a significant amount of liaising with business and legal press, not just in the UK but internationally, by phone and email. You will therefore be confident liaising with journalists, as well as undertaking all PR related activities including: drafting blogs/social media posts, running all aspects of clients social media accounts, pitching to journalists via phone and email, writing press releases and reviewing content provided by the client be that articles, website copy, SEO, reviewing briefing documents or presentations.
You will also be confident having day-to-day contact with key stake holders from associates to managing partners and ideally have prior exposure to meetings with clients, whether this was running meetings or playing a key role in them.
We offer training and guidance on our style of communications and during the first three months there are weekly catch ups with your line manager to provide support and assistance on key aspects of the role.
Daily tasks can include:
- Writing press releases
- Liaising with local trade and national press journalists
- All elements of social media account management
- Writing website copy, blogs and other documents to a high standard and with exceptional attention to detail
- General research tasks
- Monitoring for comment opportunities for our clients in the media
- Event organisation and liaising with third-party providers
- Liaising with conference organisers
- Day-to-day client admin including regular in person and virtual meetings with key stakeholders
This is a highly varied role and no two days are ever the same due to the demands of our clients.
Successful candidates will have/be:
- A competent Account Executive or Senior Account Executive with at least 1 year of experience in a B2B PR agency, ideally in the professional services sector
- Possess an interest in the legal sector and an ability to learn quickly is required
- Understanding of SEO and website optimisation as well as how to utilise social media channels for your clients
- Experience of liaising with journalists via phone and email
- Personable and confident with the team and clients, ability to build good working relationships and a can-do positive attitude to all tasks
- Proactive and friendly with a good team player mentality
- Sense of humour
- Fast and accurate proofreading and typing skills
- A keen interest in a career in professional services PR with awareness of the current PR landscape and developments in the sector
- Interest in current affairs
- Good IT skills
- Good A-levels and a good degree e.g. 2:1 or above