We are looking for a team member that is flexible, creative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. This role requires someone who ideally has experience working on environment, climate, and/or sustainability issues, or can understand and distill complex subject matters quickly.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, have superb writing skills, extreme attention to detail, and a diverse set of skills in communications, including but not limited to media engagement, digital/social media, and political/international communications.
As a member of the growing Washington, DC office, this member will also have leadership responsibilities and have the opportunity to help Browning Environmental expand in the US market.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Serve as day-to-day project manager for a variety of clients across the world, including multinational corporates, NGOs, and UN organizations
- Effectively work with teams against tight deadlines, delegate tasks, and ensure quality products are delivered to clients
- Contribute to innovative campaign ideas and manage projects from concept to completion
- Develop stakeholder engagement plans to support clients in achieving their business and communication objectives
- Draft a variety of written materials, including but not limited to press releases, op-eds, briefing notes, and background information documents
- Develop long-term media strategies and communications grids and advise clients on media engagement
- Conduct foundational media engagement responsibilities, including media list building, proactive and reactive reporter outreach and relationship management, pitch development, etc.
- Thoughtfully counsel clients based on international, domestic, and political landscapes
- Contribute to business development, including new and organic growth
- Coordinate with consultants and in-house experts in digital, design, media, etc., as needed
- Support the development of cutting-edge social media campaigns
- 3+ years in communications; agency experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience managing multiple projects and/or clients simultaneously
- Passionate about climate, environment, and sustainability issues
- Experience with earned media, social media, and stakeholder relations, among other communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong understanding digital communications
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality products for clients
- Excited to be part of a dynamic team, working with clients from a range of industries
- Experience on topics such as climate change, the energy transition, biodiversity, and sustainable development, among others
- Enjoy working with people with a diverse range of backgrounds and opinions
Salary: Competitive + bonus and benefits
Start date: ASAP
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, and salary expectations to [email protected]