Are you passionate about solving climate change, protecting the environment, and finding sustainable solutions to some of the world’s most pressing issues? Are you interested in working on some of the most innovative, cutting-edge, and creative campaigns in the environmental movement? Are you ready to join a dynamic and growing team of communications experts from around the world?
Browning Environmental is seeking an experienced, hard-working communications expert to join our Washington, DC team as Digital Manager. We are looking for a team member that is flexible, creative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. This role requires someone who ideally has experience working on environment, climate, and/or sustainability issues, or can understand and distill complex subject matters quickly.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, have superb writing skills, extreme attention to detail, and a diverse set of skills in communications, including but not limited to media engagement, digital/social media, and political/international communications.
As a member of the growing Washington, DC office, this member will also have leadership responsibilities and have the opportunity to help Browning Environmental expand in the US market.
As Digital Manager, you will oversee the digital strategy for Browning Environmental’s international clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Serve as day-to-day digital manager for a variety of clients across the world, including multinational corporates, NGOs, and UN organizations
- Effectively work with teams against tight deadlines, delegate tasks, and ensure quality products are delivered to clients
- Contribute to innovative social media campaign ideas and manage digital projects from concept to completion
- Develop digital engagement plans to support clients in achieving their business and communication objectives
- Generate and drive digital strategies with determination and commitment from inception to completion and track evaluation
- Development, launch, and maintenance of digital channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and more, dependent on client priorities and messaging
- Management and development of monthly content calendars for a variety of digital channels
- Planning and development of creative assets, such as logos, graphics, quote cards, videos, animations, GIFs, photo essays, etc.
- Management of digital accounts across some of the most exciting environmental NGOs and brands
- Planning and execution of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaigns, ensuring delivery against plan, budget, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Monitoring of the social media landscape, digital trends, and new ideas for clients to engage
- Support of the management of crisis communication strategies through social channels and digital tactics
- Developing a strong network of sector-specific influencers and key opinion leaders around the world
- Management of junior digital employees
- Development of international content strategies
- Thoughtfully counsel clients based on international, domestic, and political landscapes
- Contribute to business development, including new and organic growth
- 4+ years’ experience in digital communications. Agency experience preferred but not required.
- Strong experience in the environmental field.
- Experience managing multiple projects and/or clients simultaneously
- Passionate about climate, environment, and sustainability issues
- Ability to translate complex topics and concepts into digestible messaging that will resonate with the public
- Experience with earned media, social media, and stakeholder relations, among other communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Great knowledge of working across different digital accounts along with proactive brand building experience
- Experience within digital marketing and executing specific channels and software (PPC, SEO and social media)
- Proven record of delivering integrated digital PR campaigns
- Knowledge of the latest digital tools, technologies, and capabilities
- Strategic thinker with a creative approach
- Understanding of the communication mix and content production across multiple formats
- Ability to analyze and report on data and use it shape activities
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Graphics, filming, and video editing skills, or a willingness to learn if no experience in these fields
- Knowledge of environmental/climate topics and industry issues
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality products for clients
- Excited to be part of a dynamic team, working with clients from a range of industries
- Experience on topics such as climate change, the energy transition, biodiversity, and sustainable development, among others
- Enjoy working with people with a diverse range of backgrounds and opinions