BB Partners is an Advisory for Changemakers, we work with individuals and organisations to tackle urgent challenges and seize opportunities through communications, campaigns and partnerships.
We are in the ‘start-up’ phase of our business and enjoy the freedom and flexibility that it brings while having to muck in on all aspects of running a business, new business and client work.
We are looking for an ambitious, experienced and enthusiastic Senior Consultant who enjoys building campaigns that can raise awareness of issues and influence public discourse.
You will be truly immersed in BB Partners, supporting our co-founders in new business activities and the journey ahead.
Given the scope of this role, each day will present an exciting new challenge.
You will enjoy the job if you’re:
- A team player
- Interested in international affairs and state of the world
- Happy communicating regularly and being in touch with various stakeholders at any one time
- A self-starter
- Happy to muck in and get things done
- Interested in every day being different
- Flexible and happy to adapt
- Happy and exciting by the prospect of being part of a start-up
- A stickler for detail
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and contributing towards team culture
- Supporting the Co-Founders in new business activities and business strategy
- Growing a team of talented Associates and effectively mentoring and line-managing them
- Demonstrating support of company decisions and being a role model
- Leading on media strategy across selected projects
- Contribute towards communications strategy including narrative building and messaging
- Overseeing PR and social campaigns from creative brief to implementation and delivery
- Building relationships with media in the UK and beyond
- Pitching story ideas, prepare press releases and features by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online
- Advising on PR strategy and positioning
- Managing events, including press conferences and promotional events
- Building relationships with clients and liaising with them on a daily basis
- Driving activities, providing relevant briefs and ensuring timely delivery
- Monitoring media coverage (incl. newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs) and report results to the wider account team and clients
- Leading creative and content brainstorms
- Briefing and leading creative process and content creation
- Proofreading all written content, including emails, press releases, social media posts, news stories, articles, case studies and product pieces
If this sounds like your sort of role, this is what we need from you:
- A background in strategic communications along with significant media house experience
- An ultimate storyteller with strong content-writing skills
- The ability to seize opportunities through strategy, partnerships, and campaigns.
- Passion for working in partnership with clients to drive change, provide advice, creativity and innovation to solve big challenges.
- Excellent communication skills with a keen eye for detail, experience of communicating engaging news content through high-quality, well written content.
- + 5 years of professional experience in communications planning and strategy, media liaison and general PR
- A degree or equivalent in media, communications, politics or international relations
- A solid track record in securing top media coverage for clients
- Ability to manage a whole client portfolio
- Experience of pitching and new business management
- Great writing skills and eye for detail
- Experience in managing junior team
What we offer
We believe in the investment and continual development of our employees. You will work for an employer who values and respects their client’s and employee’s individual and collective needs. We strongly believe in looking after our employees which is why we offer flexible working, a generous holiday allowance, generous performance related bonus and company pension scheme. We offer a hybrid working scheme, with one to two days in an office in London.