About FieldHouse Associates
Founded in 2012, for 10 years FieldHouse Associates’ mission has been to help innovators and investors across the fast-growth tech ecosystem grow and succeed. Through expert consultancy, integrated communications strategies, and meaningful connections, we generate strategic and commercial impact that changes businesses’ trajectories.
We support fast-growth tech companies at every stage, from (pre-)launch to fundraising, growth to exit/IPO and beyond; these companies span a wide range of tech sectors, from mobility to edtech, spacetech to healthtech, cybersecurity to fintech, AI and deeptech to cleantech and sustainability, and much, much more. We support VC firms - from UK-focused seed-stage specialists to giant pan-European multi-stage funds - through the fund lifecycle, from fundraising and launches to deployment, momentum, and portfolio exits. And we support the “enablers” driving the ecosystem, from accelerators and incubators to events and initiatives, and corporates and professional services firms wanting to access the ecosystem, engage with startups and scaleups, and contribute to their growth and success.
We look at PR and communications holistically, going far beyond just media relations and press coverage. We help clients build and maintain reputations as innovators, thinkers, and achievers. And - leveraging the unique breadth and depth of our network in the ecosystem built over a decade of “showing up” and getting actively involved - we help clients connect directly with key stakeholders, helping them improve dealflow, accelerate fundraising, win new business, make critical hires, and more. The success of this approach means that the vast majority of new business is inbound via referral, allowing us to be selective and intentional about who we work with, and removing the constant distraction of outbound “sales”.
What to expect
- You’ll be the point person for a portfolio of clients drawn from across our roster – from fast-growing technology companies to VC firms, from innovative corporates to leading ecosystem events and initiatives.
- You’ll be responsible for the development of strategic communications plans and ensure your teams are delivering against those plans, always with a focus on achieving impact in the right places.
- You’ll be a trusted source of consultative guidance for your clients. But don’t worry – while you’ll have a lot of autonomy, you’ll also have the full support and guidance of senior team members when you want or need it.
- You’ll have incredible opportunities to learn and grow - both through internally- and externally-led training and through regular direct exposure through our network to the individuals, organisations, and events that dictate the direction of the ecosystem - with total freedom and support to deepen your connection into that ecosystem by attending new events, meeting new people, and helping us grow our network.
- You’ll play an active role in the growth of FieldHouse - through participating in the development and delivery of new business proposals and pitches, through participation in various working groups (covering areas from client services culture, marketing to mental health, media engagement to DEI), and by line managing and training junior team members.
- You’ll see successes - yours and the team’s - recognised and celebrated, whether through our generous commission on new business, or regular prizes for efforts and achievements that go above and beyond.
- You’ll have your voice heard, thanks to our open, democratic, and accountable approach to running the business that gives everyone a voice whatever their level or length of service.
- You’ll be part of a smart, ambitious, entrepreneurial team that is driven to make real strategic and commercial impact for clients above and beyond what they expect of PR. We are true consultants – always honest, and constructively challenging where it’s needed. We work hard, but we make time to reflect, celebrate successes, and socialise as a team as well. We’re pragmatic and flexible. Healthy work/life balance is supported with a range of great benefits, from personal wellness budgets to working from home.
A full job description can be provided on request.
What’s in it for you
- 25 days holiday + public holidays + (discretionary) Christmas/NY closure
- Salary: £32,000 to £45,000 depending on experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Hybrid working - Tues/Thurs in the office, Mon/Weds/Fri WFH (office open and available Mon-Fri)
- Annual bonus (subject to performance/profits)
- Monthly mobile phone bill paid in full (we don’t have desk phones or carry “work” mobiles)
- £300 annual wellness budget
- Access to on-demand counselling and mental health support via Spill
- Budget for annual external training course (in addition to full programme of internally-organised training delivered by colleagues and external speakers, etc.)
- Free breakfast options and evening bar
- Regular team socials
What we're looking for
- Minimum two years experience in a PR role (in-house or agency)
- Strong interest in startups and the ecosystem around them, and how technology and innovation is driving change in society and the economy
- Ability to juggle competing client and team priorities and adapt to short-notice changes in plans
- Ability to manage day-to-day programme delivery with minimal direct oversight
- Excellent verbal (spoken and written) communication skills, including adapting to different audiences (including non-comms specialists when explaining strategy, tactics, activity, etc.)
- Knowledge of, and personal relationships with, the people and publications in the market
- Generate proactive ideas and translate them into pitches that make an impact
- Analytical capabilities and the confidence and ability to offer strategic guidance
- Understanding of how businesses (both clients and agency) operate, and interest in contributing to the direction and growth of the agency
- Resourceful problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Prior experience working with fast-growth technology companies or venture capital firms
- Familiarity with Slack, Google Workspace (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) and MacOS
- Familiarity with media database platforms (e.g., Gorkana, Cision, Roxhill)
If you like the sound of this opportunity, please send a copy of your CV, together with a covering letter explaining why you would be perfect for this opportunity to [email protected]
FieldHouse Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age or disability.