Hours: Full Time, 35 hours pw
Salary: Circa £40,000 per annum
Location: Head Office, Milton Keynes. (Hybrid working is offered, employees have the flexibility to work from home up to two days a week. Attendance at key events in London and across the UK is expected as is occasional weekend and evening work).
Reports To: Head of PR & Communications
Direct Reports: Team of three PR Officers.
The post holder will work with the Head of PR & Communications to maintain this charity's status as the leading brain tumour voice in the media. This charity puts patients and bereaved families at the centre of what they do to raise awareness and acquire new supporters.
About the Charity
Our client is an influential, game-changing, intelligent, and focused charity embracing its fantastic supporter base across the UK. Having bucked the trend during the pandemic, they are determined to continue their growth trajectory. They are passionate about finding a cure for brain tumours through the establishment of dedicated Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence around the UK and increasing the national investment in brain tumour research.
Help fund the fight. Together a cure will be found.
About the Role
Build loyalty with this charity's supporters and develop strong relationships with families who find great value in sharing their story, helping to raise awareness, support fundraising, and keep their loved ones’ memory alive through features in the media as well as on the organisation's website and in their own publications.
This role is as exciting as it is busy -
- The team is responsible for reaching 50m+ people each month through its news media content
- Our stories are regularly featured on national TV and radio and in print, online and broadcast across the UK
- They work with high profile supporters affected by brain tumours including Caprice, Danny Clarke, Sheila Hancock DBE, Sarah Beeny and Debbie McGee
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the team helping to drive success further, developing and leading a strong team of PR Officers.
- To raise the profile of the organisation and strengthen the reputation of the charity through print, broadcast and online media, both nationally and regionally, in order to fuel this charity's exponential growth
- Lead the PR team in working with the Community fundraising teams to share stories of volunteer fundraisers in order to inspire new supporters and encourage donations
- Write and pitch stories in an engaging and concise way, promoting key messaging and core campaigns
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing team to maximise reach opportunities
- Build communities through working with regional as well as national media so that this organisation is top of mind when someone in a community is diagnosed with a brain tumour
- Respond to incoming media inquiries
- Track PR coverage
- Support and promote awareness and fundraising activities
- Write and proof-read press releases and, where appropriate, maximise coverage of each
- Conduct case study interviews and produce compelling human-interest stories and feature articles
- Ensure that central administration systems are complied with and that all information relating to contacts are correctly entered onto the database
- Ensure that all relevant charity and other legislation is complied with
- Deputise for the Head of PR & Communications
If you are passionate, energetic, professional and hardworking, and you think you've got what it takes to help this charity achieve its mission, then they would welcome your application.
In addition to a competitive salary, employment benefits include a generous holiday allowance, occupational sick pay, access to private healthcare, and free parking.
Closing Date: Monday 27th June 2022
Early applications are encouraged; interviews will commence before the closing date if suitable candidates are identified.
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.