NEW PR & Media Manager position with leading global organisation. Their core aim is to improve people's lives and create positive change, all over the world, so a real 'feel good' role.
This is a 12 month FTC but very likely to go perm as they are rapidly growing.
Our client is looking for a strong corporate affairs/communications professional who has experience covering policy, media relations, crisis and issues management, press office management, thought leadership, campaign management, and much more! A really varied exciting role. No day is the same.
We have worked with this organisation for years now and have placed various candidates at junior, mid and senior levels across both PR and Marketing. Brilliant culture, very modern and flexible, the team are extremely supportive, inspiring, and down to earth, can't recommend them enough.
- Title: PR & Media Manager
- Contract: 12 month FTC (Mat Cover). However, they said it is extremely likely this will go perm as they are growing rapidly. So, if you're looking for something more long term and perm, this could be the perfect next move. However, if you want to just do the contract, that is also fine.
- Salary: They can be flexible. c.£50k-£60k depending on experience. You'll also be entitled to their amazing benefit package.
- Hybrid: They are huge on flexible working. They are open to more remote candidates, as long as you're happy to come in a couple times a month for key meetings/campaigns etc.
Main purpose of position:
- This role is vital to raise the reach, recognition and engagement by securing positive media coverage in traditional, trade and digital media.
- You will proactively lead, plan, develop, manage and activate PR, Public Affairs and media activity, to proactively position the organisation in the media to promote and protect.
- You will maintain a four-pronged PR strategy spanning; press office, issue and crisis management, thought leadership, spokesperson profiling and policy communications with a view to positioning the organisation in the traditional, trade and digital media.
- Demonstrable experience as PR professional with strong media relations skills;
- Proven experience of developing and executing successful media campaigns;
- Minimum of 5 years PR, PA or media relations experience;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Digital media skills;
- Able to make complex issues easy to understand and interesting;
- Ability to establish and maintain networks of contacts both internally and externally;
- Strong team skills;
- Experience of managing reputational issues;
- Ability to keep a calm head and think clearly and quickly under pressure to make the right decisions;
- Motivated individual – both personally and the ability to motivate others;
- Strong organizational skills – able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Proactive approach to solving problems;
- Solutions orientated;
- Proactive, can do attitude.