Are you looking for the next step in your communications career? Would you be interested to work as part of an international communications team with some of the best brands in the hotel sector? If so we may have the perfect next role for you: Marriott International is looking for a Senior Manager of Internal Communications to join the Europe, Middle East and Africa Communications team.
As part of the role, you'll drive forward internal and external communications strategies for Europe, Middle East and Africa region.
This position will work with the Senior Director, Corporate Communications to build internal communications strategies that drive advocacy and pride in Marriott International, develop existing internal communication channels, and devise new approaches and strategies to engage with associates.
In addition to Internal Communications responsibilities, this position will also deliver strategic corporate public relations initiatives in order to drive awareness of the EMEA region’s strategic narrative in top-tier media publications across the region. The role will also amplify our Executive Team’s profile through social media strategies and speaking opportunities.
The Senior Manager, Internal Communications is responsible for creating and executing internal communications campaigns and external PR initiatives to drive pride and advocacy among associates and secure top-tier media coverage across EMEA for the Senior Leadership Team. The position is responsible for collaborating across all areas of the business, offering expert communication support and guidance for a wide range of initiatives and commercial activities. This position will develop and craft inspirational copy that brings the company’s messages to life and will ensure they are communicated in an engaging and motivational manner, working to drive communications best practice into EMEA.
We're looking for a confident, talented, seasoned communicator who can help us deliver the following:
- Internal communication: Develop and support an associate-led, insights-based integrated approach to internal communications, supporting the company’s ambitions and delivery of commercial objectives.
- Corporate PR: Support the Senior Director of Corporate Communication in delivering an EMEA-wide corporate communications strategy. Manage external corporate PR, increasing exposure through industry editors, media personnel, and journalists. . Brief and prepare senior leaders for media interviews and briefings.
- Social Media: Define and manage the social media strategy for senior leaders.
- Conference and Events: Write and develop talking points, speaker notes and scripts for senior leaders for industry conferences, media events, and internal speaking opportunities.
- Channel Management. Manage the company’s internal communication channels, managing the online content strategy, newsletter, and email updates.
- Content management: Plan, write and edit communications materials for the company’s various internal and external channels.
- Media Relations. Cultivate strong relationships with top-tier travel/trade and business media.
- Media Visits. Coordinate press opportunities for senior leaders, working with the relevant in-market communications teams, third parties, hotels to secure positive coverage across the region.
- Crisis and Issues Communications. Active member of a 24-hour crisis team supporting EMEA hotels out of hours.
- Agency Management. Brief and manage internal and external agencies and third-party communication providers to ensure best practice and value for money.
- Press and Briefing Materials. Oversee development of corporate press materials for EMEA, including press releases, fact sheets, bios for EMEA executives.
- Communications Measurement. Measure results of internal, external and social media campaigns/programmes in alignment with agreed EMEA key performance indicators (KPIs).