As featured on the Sunday Times' 'Best 100 Not-for-Profit Organisations to Work For', our client - a major social enterprise - is looking for a talented Public Relations Executive to join their central London based team.
The PR Executive will help to support the PR Team in activities across all its audiences. Principal duties include proactive and reactive media engagement, plus systems management responsibilities such as media monitoring and evaluation and media centre operation.
- Managing the press inbox, triaging, and responding in a timely manner to media enquiries
- Organise media interviews, briefing materials and support the briefing in of spokespeople to help build the client's reputation
- Build and monitor media databases and update these contact lists regularly to ensure press materials reach target audiences
- Create daily news bulletins for internal stakeholders
- Support in pitching individual stories over the phone, email and in person to journalists from domestic and international markets to achieve high quality press coverage
- Write and develop PR newsletters to engage target media
- Support the team with financial systems, raising PO’s and keeping commitment records up to date
- Help maintain relationships with key external PR agencies and stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written - with the ability to engage credible journalists
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Strong digital and IT skills
- Creative thinker and problem-solver
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Articulate, dynamic and enthusiastic
- Self-motivator who seeks opportunities to develop to full potential
- Knowledge and understanding of media landscape
- 30 day annual holiday + additional days off for a number of schemes
- Group pension scheme
- Learning & development opportunities (including professional qualifications support)
- Discounts at over 3,000 major retailers including Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury’s, Boots, Currys, PC World, Debenhams
- Medical cash plan: claim back costs of dental and optical purchases/treatments, health screenings, diagnostics, consultations, prescriptions and therapies for you and your family
- Ride to work scheme: get a tax-free bike with Evans Cycles and save up to 50% on the retail price
- Discount gym membership: corporate rates with fitness first for single gym and multi-site memberships
- Interest-free season ticket loans: up to £5,000 per annum for transport to and from work
- Personal accident cover: up to £5,000 with the client’s +Medicash proactive plan
- Life insurance: 4 x basic salary
- Volunteer leave scheme: give something back to the London community with up to 2 days paid annual volunteer leave
- Give as you earn - Make tax-free donations to any UK registered charity
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam, and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.