We are looking for a confident Senior Account Manager to join our creative and friendly team, working with a wide range of clients, supporting them with powerful purpose driven public relations, public affairs and campaign strategies.
The ideal candidate will be a talented networker, and will already have strong contacts with consumer, national and trade media. Experience with built environment PR is desirable. You will have a minimum of four years’ agency experience, the ability to demonstrate leadership skills under pressure, and a keen desire to use communications to make the world a better place.
Higginson Strategy is an award-winning communications agency specialising in delivering engaging and impactful campaigns for purpose-driven organisations. We are a small but fast-growing ambitious team, passionate about driving positive change for society and the environment.
Our clients share this vision and include charities, NGOs, and companies looking to do business in a way that means better outcomes for all. We empower clients by communicating the purpose at the heart of their organisation and spreading their message in a bold and attention-worthy way.
In addition to our client work, we deliver in-house campaigns on female empowerment and the environment, as well as our own thought-provoking podcast Communicating Purpose and weekly newsletter Plastic Free Post. There is opportunity across the business to drive forward personal passions in these areas and run internal campaigns.
- Identify news jacking opportunities for client from emerging news stories and formulate client responses at speed
- Provide strategic counsel - analysing clients’ or prospects’ objectives, identifying the best strategy for securing that objective, and developing an effective programme of execution to maximise media and/or political appeal
- Managing teams of account executives to deliver for clients, develop proposals and run the agency’s own marketing campaigns. Managing ‘up’ to ensure Directors and Partners are provided with timely information to take decisions and provide good senior counsel.
- Developing confident and comprehensive proposals for clients and new business prospects, demonstrating clear understanding of the different elements of a strategic communications plan, including costings
- Providing well-informed and clear written guidance to clients on how to respond to unfolding events that could affect their campaign
- Playing a role in driving new business development, researching and identifying opportunities to pitch for new work and running processes to ensure proposals are developed to a high standard and in good time
- Developing and editing written media communications PR documents that are on message and tailored to audience; documents will include slides, proposals, plans, and issues management documents
- Proven skills in managing client accounts and relationship building
- Top-tier written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Effective coaching skills
- A flair for creativity, strategic thinking, and innovation
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- Using project management tools
Higginson Strategy offers an attractive salary as well as the following benefits:
- Hybrid working environment (3 days office-based, 2 days at home)
- Training budget
- PRCA membership
- Premium workspace with showers, a cinema room, and library
- £25 per month phone rebate
- £50 per month mental health allowance
- Car and bike salary sacrifice schemes
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays + office closure between Christmas and New Year
- 2 spontaneous half days
- Regular team events/socials
Application Details: If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a covering letter (max 1 page) outlining why you are interested in this position and responding to the criteria outlined above to [email protected].
Please note: we welcome job sharing applications. Higginson Strategy is an equal opportunities employer and can provide reasonable adjustments to support applicants throughout the recruitment process.